Computer simulated persons in CFD environment have been developed during a number of years for the simulation air quality problems. It is foreseen that a new development of computer simulated persons will focus on thermal comfort problems. This benchmark test will therefore work with the heat loss from manikins with the aim to predict how humans will react to different climatic situations.
The thermal comfort benchmark test (manikin heat loss benchmark test) is based on thermal manikin measurements. It can be used as calibration of a virtual manikin positioned in a CFD simulated environment. The results are presented not only as whole body influence, but also with local information on how the climate varies over the human body.
The benchmark test
- Benchmark Tests for Computer Simulated Persons
- Benchmark Tests for Computer Simulated Persons - Manikin heat loss for thermal comfort evaluation
- Smoke head (.mov file)
- Smoke outlet (.mov file)
- Smoke side (.mov file)
- CFD Study of the Thermal Environment around a Human Body: A Review (N. P. Gao and J. L. Niu, 2005)
- Application of CFD Predictions to Quantify Thermal Comfort for Indoor Environments (Tateh Wu, Andrew D. Clark, Gary L. Mitchell, Chao-Hsin Lin, and Raymond H. Horstman)
- CFD Modeling of Thermal Manikin Heat Loss in a Comfort Evaluation Benchmark Test (Håkan O. Nilsson, Henrik Brohus and Peter V. Nielse - a)
- CFD Modeling of Thermal Manikin Heat Loss in a Comfort Evaluation Benchmark Test (Håkan O. Nilsson, Henrik Brohus and Peter V. Nielsen - b)
- A CFD manikin with a thermo physiology model (O. Shinsuke Kato, Hideaki Nagano and Ling Yang)
2019 - Present
- Study of the Aerodynamic Structure in an Indoor Environment Occupied by a Human Body (Hasna Abid, Z. Driss, J. Bessrour)
- Analysis of complex heat transfer in a human model with environment under conditions of mixing ventilation (Aнализ сложного теплообмена модели человекас окружающей средой в условиях перемешивающей вентиляции) (Anna Podmarkova, Marina Zasimova, Nikolay G Ivanov)